A DUI charge carries serious consequences. If you are arrested for driving under the influence, you can be immediately detained and immediately subject to an administrative suspension of your license. If convicted, a first-time offender may face all of the following:
• Fines of up to $2,500 ($250 mandatory minimum);
• a sentence of jail time (certain situations require a mandatory minimum sentence);
• receiving six demerit points on your driving record;
• mandatory suspension of your driver's license for one year;
• mandatory referral to an Alcohol Safety Action Program (ASAP) for screening and probationary oversight;
• substance treatment and/or education course;
• mandatory installation of an ignition interlock system on your vehicle;
• increased car insurance premiums;
• and an obligation to report the conviction to potential employers and government agencies.
If you have a previous conviction, the punishments become even more serious. Therefore, if you or someone you love has been charged with a DUI, you need a lawyer that you can trust.
At Zelnick and Erickson, we’re focused on your best possible outcome. We will investigate your case to the last detail, identify every defense you have, and prepare your case for trial. We will work closely with you so that you are involved, informed, and in control.
We can take cases in the following counties/cities: Prince William, Stafford, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Arlington and Alexandria. Contact us at 703-494-7171 to set up a consultation. All DUI consultations are confidential and free of charge.
Get informed – You should know what it is you’re facing. Below is a list of links you might find helpful:
DMV- Drinking and Driving Resources
DMV- Information on DUI Penalties (pdf)Virginia Code
“We just wanted to thank all of you for all the help over the years, we really appreciate a lot. It's been really pleasant experience working with every one of you during our immigration process. For something as complicated as US immigration system, you all made it so easy for us. We only have praises for your team and we are very fortunate to have you as our immigration lawyers. We are very grateful.”- S. Pottavathini
“Thanks for the excellent services by your organization. When I say excellent services, I am comparing my 7 years of experience working with immigration attorneys in the past and your team is great to work with. Though your team is remote, we never felt that, due to your quick responses. We are lucky to have your team as our attorneys.” - C. Kandasamy